points - Details)
Fast, flavorful recipes for a strong, healthy heart.
Food is a critical driver of heart health, and this cookbook helps you take the wheel. The 30-Minute Heart Healthy Cookbook is full of simple, satisfying meals you can make for you and your family in 30 minutes or less. You don’t have to sacrifice enjoyment to eat a low-sodium diet―the recipes in this heart healthy cookbook are full of flavor to keep you (and your heart) happy.
Meal planning tips, a grocery shopping guide, and at-a-glance food charts make it easy to prepare nutritious meals. Many recipes call for just five ingredients, and all are designed for efficiency―so you can nourish yourself with delicious food from this heart healthy cookbook even when you’re short on time or energy.
The 30-Minute Heart Healthy Cookbook includes:
- For every diet―Vegetarian, vegan, DASH, and Mediterranean diets are all represented, with dishes like Pear and Pumpkin Seed Salad, Hearty Mashed Potatoes, Chili Salmon Sheet Pan Dinner, and Stovetop Apple Crisp.
- Nutritional info―Each recipe in this heart healthy cookbook lists key nutrients like sodium and fat, along with the amount of vitamin K and potassium per serving.
- Special guidance―Rest easy with dietary guidance for specific conditions: high cholesterol, high triglycerides, high blood pressure, diabetes, and pre-diabetes.
Discover new recipes to love and use every day in the 30-Minute Heart Healthy Cookbook.
From the Publisher
Sample Recipe: Roasted Tomato and Chicken Pasta
Serves 4 / Hands-on time: 20 min / Total time: 30 min
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, if desired. Toss the chicken in a large bowl with the tomatoes, garlic, oil, and basil. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet, and spread out evenly.
3. Roast until the chicken is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes, tossing halfway though. A meat thermometer should read 165°F.
4. Meanwhile, cook the pasta to al dente according to the package directions. Drain.
5. In a large serving bowl, toss the chicken and tomatoes with the pasta and the olives. Top with grated Parmesan and red pepper flakes, if desired.
Calories: 458; Total Fat: 14g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 110mg; Sodium: 441mg; Carbohydrates: 52g; Fiber: 8g; Added Sugars: 0g; Protein: 34g; Potassium: 968mg; Vitamin K: 24mcg
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon canola or sunflower oil
1 teaspoon dried basil
8 ounces uncooked whole-wheat rotini
10 kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
Optional: 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper